Unanswered: DLookup for a Form

I'm trying to create a form using an existing database. I have created a query "qryJob" and using this and insert the fields into this form. I have two questions. First, when I open this form, the form opens with the data from the first entry in the query. What steps do I take to have this form "blank" when opening it. Second, right to there is 8 fields on this form. I would like the field "Job #" to be the field that the user enters data, and the following seven + fields display the information related to this field/entry.

Start with a blank/new record

One way to start with a "blank" form, is to use the OnOpen property (event tab) of the form itself, use the macro builder to make a macro that uses the GoToRecord action with the value "New". You are not actually inserting a new record until you start typing.

Use the View/Tab order to set which field on the form should get the focus first, then use each field's own Tab stop property or Locked property to control where the cursor should be moved to and whether or not the field should be changeable.

Talking Re: Start with a blank/new record

Originally posted by kedaniel
    One way to start with a "blank" form, is to use the OnOpen property (event tab) of the form itself, use the macro builder to make a macro that uses the GoToRecord action with the value "New". You are not actually inserting a new record until you start typing.

Use the View/Tab order to set which field on the form should get the focus first, then use each field's own Tab stop property or Locked property to control where the cursor should be moved to and whether or not the field should be changeable.
    Thanks KEdaniel, that worked for me.. Any Idea on how to make a field on a form be the source of data for other fields. Example: My first field my form is "Job #". At this point I want to be able to type in any job #, say "1400". Then the fields 2 - 9 would be filled with data created from my Queary. I can put a Dlookup formula in the criteria section of the queary and it works. The only problem is that when I open up the form, it asks my "Enter a Parameter Value", I enter "1400" hit "ok" and then my form opens with all the values from this job# ("1400") filled. Works just like I want, but I don't want the extra box be there. I want to enter the job# (parameter valve ????) on the form...

Talking Re: Start with a blank/new record

Originally posted by kedaniel

Thanks KEdaniel, that worked for me.. Any Idea on how to make a field on a form be the source of data for other fields. Example: My first field my form is "Job #". At this point I want to be able to type in any job #, say "1400". Then the fields 2 - 9 would be filled with data created from my Queary. I can put a Dlookup formula in the criteria section of the queary and it works. The only problem is that when I open up the form, it asks my "Enter a Parameter Value", I enter "1400" hit "ok" and then my form opens with all the values from this job# ("1400") filled. Works just like I want, but I don't want the extra box be there. I want to enter the job# (parameter valve ????) on the form...