Post Unanswered: Trying to Run a .NET/SQL Server App from another machine?

I'm having problems running a .net .exe that connects to SQL server 2000 from a short cut on another machine. Here's whats been happening:

All my testing has been done on two machines running under the same workgroup:

Machine A has Windows 2000, Visual Studio .NET & SQL Server 2000.
    Machine B has WIndows XP and the .NET Framework Installed.

First,I built an application on machine A that does nothing(just displays a form), and then built a setup project and installed the the application on machine A. I was able to run the application successfully from machine B by creating a shortcut to the installed .exe on machine A.

I then tried adding some functionality to the app. First just a simple messagebox that launches after a button is clicked. Rebuilt the app and setup project and reintalled it on machine A. From machine B I was able to successfully run the app, click the button and launch the message box......so far so good.

Next I added SQLDataAdpter and SQLConnection objects to the form. I put another Button on the form that Opens and Closes the SQLConnection when clicked. I rebuilt the app, setup project and installed it to machine A. Just to be sure I ran the app from machine A and it worked fine. I tried running it from machine B and got error messages. I've included the error messages in the attached file.
    These error messages come up when the shortcut is launched and before the form is displayed. The form never actually displays at all.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas or if this is even possible. I'm trying to avoid having to install the .net application on several client machines. I want to have the .net app installed on the same machine that sql server 2000 is running on and then have client machines just point a shortcut the the .net exe on the server.

thanks in advance for any help - Rob

Where are the errors ? Also, have you thought about developing this as an asp.net application ? How many clients ?

That file must not have attached this first time. Lets try again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rob,

Could you elaborate on what it is you are trying to do? For example from just reading your post this could either be an ASP.NET application or a webservice that is invoked from the client. However, without knowing any details it is hard to provide any concrete advice.

Your error seems to be stemming from the fact that you are not in the same context as what the application is currently running in.
    KDK

This is a VB.NET application that connects to a SQL server 2000 DB(I should have specified that in the original post). I'm just trying to see if its possible to run the application from machine B by creating a shortcut and to the installed .exe on machine A. I have seen this accomplished from other development platforms like FoxPro.

Is this a problem with making this client/server application an asp.net application ?