Question Unanswered: Extracting from Paradox to Excel Incomplete

Hello all!

I need some help figuring out a problem that seems to only occur when using Windows Professional 2000. I've created a couple of macros on Excel that extract data from Paradox using SQL (I'm using Paradox 7, by the way). For some strange reason, the extracted data is incomplete. For example, if there are 3 purchase orders to one invoice, it captures ONLY the first purchase order. What's even more odd is that these macros run perfectly on Windows 98. I've created a query in Paradox to mirror what's being extracted in Excel to verify my numbers -that's how I know that what's being pulled up is incomplete.

Can anybody give me any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks a bunch!

dq_girl

That's quite odd - almost like it's keying the results on the purchase order number. Is it a different version of Excel as well as a different operating system?

You might try running Excel in Win98 compatible mode. Although I doubt it will help, it's worth a try.

Question

I'm using Microsoft Office 97, and my OS is Windows2K. Could that be a reason why I'm getting this error?

Still mystified,
    dq_girl

I'm not an SQL person (yet), but it would be helpful if you posted the query code. Maybe someone who is more up to speed with SQL can hazard a guess. I'm betting there is some difference in the way SQL behaves in Win2000 as opposed to Win98.