Unanswered: Cannot ROLLBACK in a distributed transaction!

What to do about it? It happens while running a procedure we wrote. We've got a couple of tables with data in. It's possible to copy data from that table and duplicate it (except for his primary key offcourse, thats a new number we get from a sequence).

Any help is welcome ...
    A good programmer is a LAZY programmer!

By the very definition of the word "transaction" you should be able to either commit or rollback them, regardless of the fact that you are working in a heterogenous environment. What exactly is the problem, error message, platforms, etc...

Thumbs up

Hi,

This is because the operation may not have rolled back all effects of the operation. Since some sites may be inconsistent with others, the transaction must roll back to a savepoint or roll back entirely.
    SATHISH .

Thumbs up

HI,

You either Roll back to a savepoint or roll back the entire transaction and resubmit the rolled-back statements.
    SATHISH .

ODBC Error Code = S1000 (General error)

[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-02074: cannot ROLLBACK in a distributed transaction ORA-06512: at "***.COPY_CURS_TOT_TO_NEW", line 460 ORA-00911: invalid character ORA-06512: at line 1

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFSTOREDPROC), occupying document position (287:2) to (287:76).

That's the error ... I just don't see it ... this is the error message of the coldfusion server I'm working with, the procedure doesn't give errors itself. I putted it in SQL*Plus and all I had was 'Procedure is aangemaakt' -> Dutch for 'Procedure created'

In Oracle DBA Studio the status of the procedure is 'VALID', so ... dunno.

Any help is welcome!
    A good programmer is a LAZY programmer!

Well, sounds no good

ORA-02074 cannot string in a distributed transaction
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Cause: A commit or rollback was attempted from session other than the parent of a distributed transaction.

Action: Only commit or roll back from the parent session.

I will see if I can get my hands on some more info about the workings of Two-Phase commit. Maybe you can check the Oracle web-site for more details.