Unanswered: migration db from freebsd 2 win

hi everyone,
    im trying to migrate the mysql database from freebsd to [dont ask] windows xp. Once I succesfully did the opposite, it was just a matter of copying the database files. but with this situation, when I copy the database files from the freebsd box [at /var/db/mysql] to the win box, winmysqladmin tells me it cant find any database. and im sure I put it at the right location. [C:\mysql\data]
    anyone familiar with this situation?

Any database has its own directory in the "../mysql/data" directory, check this on your freebsd machine. Also you could see this on the win machine because MySQL creates database "mysql" - so, you should find there the "mysql" directory.

Hope this helps.

Re: migration db from freebsd 2 win

Originally posted by tsunami
    hi everyone,
    im trying to migrate the mysql database from freebsd to [dont ask] windows xp. Once I succesfully did the opposite, it was just a matter of copying the database files. but with this situation, when I copy the database files from the freebsd box [at /var/db/mysql] to the win box, winmysqladmin tells me it cant find any database. and im sure I put it at the right location. [C:\mysql\data]
    anyone familiar with this situation?
    I think this is not a goo d idea.
    Dump all database with mysqldump and then import to the winxp