Red face Unanswered: Adding times in Access 97

Hi

I hope someone can help with this - it may well be a very straightforward question but please excuse my ignorance/lack of experience.

I have a table with EmployeeID, TimeInAM, TimeOutAM, TimeInPM, TimeOutPM etc for staff to record the hours they work. I have a report that calculates for each day the total number of hours worked, but I can't seem to get it to add up the hours correctly for the week. I have grouped the report on a weekly basis so am OK with that, but any suggestions for adding up the hours worked would be great.

I'd also like to show how many hours remain to be worked that week e.g. if 3 days have been worked and the employee should have worked 40 hours over 5 days, I need to show 40 - (sum hours already worked).

Finally, can the week's data be grouped and calculated on a form instead of a report?

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance,

Vix

All of what you are trying to do...can be done. Trouble is, what it takes to explain it.

To get things moving:

Start by checking the 'Running Sum' feature for your textbox controls in your report (located under the Data tab of the properties sheet). Read the help file about it and take a look at the examples.