Unanswered: Calculations and Variable Conditions

This is restated, and hopefully clarified, from a previous post:

I have a couple questions concerning a form that includes the following fields:

BudgetTravel (Original budget)
    RevisedTravel (Revised budget, effective mid-year)
    ActualTravel
    ExpensedtoDate (actual has been processed through accounting)
    IncurredSince (actual has been incurred but not yet processed)

I need to produce a monthly report showing budgeted vs. actual travel and the total funds remaining to be used. The report, therefore, needs to include a calculated Planned Remaining amount for each record.

Sample data:

BudgetTravel.......$1200
    RevisedTravel......$1000
    ActualTravel.........$894.32
    ExpensedtoDate....$894.32
    IncurredSince........$0.00

1. In this case, the remaining funds, $105.68, need to be written off so that the Planned Remaining field in the report shows $0.00. However, the remaining funds should not be written off in every case. For example, there may be several employees participating in single event, and I need to keep remaining funds in the budget until all expense for that event has been processed through accounting. There is no consistent variable to determine which records should include write-offs and which should not. Is there a way to manually control the yes/no write-off for each record?

2. In order to arrive at the remaining amount, the _sum of ExpensedtoDate and IncurredSince_ needs to be subtracted from BudgetTravel only if RevisedTravel is $0.00; otherwise, it needs to be subtracted from RevisedTravel. How should this be set up in the report?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated! I'm not trained in writing code, so please be gentle.

Thanks!

Look at the attached DB

I have a table with the data you stated and a query that I believe gets you the results that you are looking for.

S-

Talking

Originally posted by sbaxter
    Look at the attached DB

I have a table with the data you stated and a query that I believe gets you the results that you are looking for.

S-
    Perfect! Thank you!!!