Unanswered: Timer to enable buttons

Hello I have used a timer to enable disable my form buttons as required, is this wise? I have a sneaking feeling it isn't.

Dap
    the light is on, someone is home, but they dont know they are. HELLO!

I have a sneaky feeling that your sneaky feeling is the correct sneaky feeling....

My sneaky feeling is that the timer creates a lot of unnecessary overhead and if set close enough, creates form control flicker (if you know what I mean). Realisticly though, the feature is available and appears to work relatively well when the Intervals are rather large.

(just my opinion folks)

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Timer to enable buttons

Originally posted by dapman2002
    Hello I have used a timer to enable disable my form buttons as required, is this wise? I have a sneaking feeling it isn't.

Dap
    Your feeling is right, it affects the cpu and run of access, just use another event such as entering an object or double clicking another one.

Re: Timer to enable buttons

Originally posted by hammbakka
    Your feeling is right, it affects the cpu and run of access, just use another event such as entering an object or double clicking another one.
    Thanks Guys. The timer is so convienient for this kind of thing, it is a shame i cant use it. When I was using it my app would hang on a regular basis, whilst debuging... major pain.

Especially if you attempt to disable a button whilst it has the focus ... Major headaches there.

Red face

Originally posted by M Owen
    Especially if you attempt to disable a button whilst it has the focus ... Major headaches there.
    Been there done that!!

El timer has to go then ... I handle this my making a function that sets the Enabled status of controls based upon various environmental/situational variables ...