Cool Unanswered: MaxDB is the KING?

Hi all,

You should know that MaxDB, which was originally the core DBMS of SAP, is released by MySQL.

Might I ask you that
    1. Is MaxDB the best in features and performance amongst all open source DBMS?
    2. Can MaxDB challenge the private DBMS, such as Oracle and MS SQL Server?
    3. Is it a good time to move to MaxDB in my current projects and my future projects, where a little transaction and high volume of data retrieval are performed?

Please advise.

-stan

Re: MaxDB is the KING?

Originally posted by stanley1610
    Hi all,

You should know that MaxDB, which was originally the core DBMS of SAP, is released by MySQL.

Might I ask you that
    3. Is it a good time to move to MaxDB in my current projects and my future projects, where a little transaction and high volume of data retrieval are performed?

Please advise.

-stan
    I am currently working on some tests of open source databases but still i can't answer this question.
    The fact is nobody can say this DB is the best. Each product is in something better than other but also is worse with some functionality.
    The database choice depends on purpose.
    MaxDB is good database with many features but i think PostgreSQL is little better.

Re: MaxDB is the KING?

Originally posted by stanley1610
    Hi all,

Might I ask you that

Please advise.

-stan
    "was originally the core DBMS of SAP"
    For yur information sapDB wasn't the core DBMS of SAP. SAP is independent from any type of database.
    If you would to use DB2 for data storage then you can.
    I think SAP preffers Oracle DB.