Unanswered: Comparing 2 tables in Paradox 10

I need to compare 2 tables with the exact same structure & find the differences based on one field. One table has more records than the other. PLEASE HELP!! I tried writing SQL. Haven't had any luck.

Is the smaller table a subset of the larger?

OR,

does the smaller have some records that are not in the larger, and vice-versa?

Are the tables keyed?

Also, is this a one time thing or something you will need to do again and again?

Thanks for your response & help.

Well, this was passed on to me from someone else. I am not 100% sure that the smaller table is a subset of the larger. I think that the smaller one may have some records that are not in the larger, and vice-versa. How do I check if the tables are keyed? Do you mean having a primary key? This is the first time that I've worked in Paradox.... I have several years experience in MS Access databases.

Originally posted by lmckelvy
    Is the smaller table a subset of the larger?

OR,

does the smaller have some records that are not in the larger, and vice-versa?

Are the tables keyed?

Also, is this a one time thing or something you will need to do again and again?

You need to set up a "set query", MYSET, by using example elements and then connecting it to the other table with with the operator Not in "MYSET". MYSET in this case is an example element in a field common to both tables.