Thread: dedupe function

Unanswered: dedupe function

Hi all,

This is the first time I am using the fileMaker Pro. Can someone here help me how to do the dedupe function in FileMaker Pro 5.5? I try to import the script from the templates but it doesn't work. Please help!

Thanks

Re: dedupe function

"dedupe"? What do you mean?

Originally posted by katiewhite
    Hi all,

This is the first time I am using the fileMaker Pro. Can someone here help me how to do the dedupe function in FileMaker Pro 5.5? I try to import the script from the templates but it doesn't work. Please help!

Thanks
    Rick Knight
    KnightShift Office Solutions and Horse Breaking
    VB, VBA, FileMaker, Access Solutions, Web Solutions

sorry for the confusion. I want to find the duplication records in the master database. But I don't want to check the records one by one manually. I know that there is a script that I need to write in order to perform the 'dedupe' function so that Filemaker Pro can do it for me automatically. But I don't know how to write that script. Hope you will understand what I mean.

To find duplicates enter "!" (no quotes) into the field you want to search on. You can do this manually or via script. Script would be something like this:

Allow User Abort (Off)
    Set Error Capture (On)
    Go to layout (Your layout)
    Enter Find Mode ()
    Set Field (Your Field, "!")
    Perform Find

Originally posted by katiewhite
    sorry for the confusion. I want to find the duplication records in the master database. But I don't want to check the records one by one manually. I know that there is a script that I need to write in order to perform the 'dedupe' function so that Filemaker Pro can do it for me automatically. But I don't know how to write that script. Hope you will understand what I mean.
    Rick Knight
    KnightShift Office Solutions and Horse Breaking
    VB, VBA, FileMaker, Access Solutions, Web Solutions

Thank you so much!

Dedupe Software

Came across this website which helps if you are looking for some good dedupe software - www.dedupesoftware.com

Hope that helps