Thread: Query question

Unanswered: Query question

I got this sql from this forum...

SELECT MSysObjects.Name, MSysObjects.Flags, MSysObjects.Type
    FROM MSysObjects
    WHERE (((MSysObjects.Flags)<>-2147483648 And (MSysObjects.Flags)<>2 And (MSysObjects.Flags)<>-2147483645 And (MSysObjects.Flags)<>10) AND ((MSysObjects.Type) In (1)))
    ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;

...and it's working fine. I use this query to get names of the tables for a combo box so that the user can choose the record source for a form, but after I created a switchboard, a new table called "Switchboard Items" was created. I don't want this table to show up in the combo box, how can I exclude it?

Provided Answers: 1

Wink Re: Query question

Originally posted by Sham81
    I got this sql from this forum...

FROM MSysObjects
    WHERE (((MSysObjects.Flags)<>-2147483648 And (MSysObjects.Flags)<>2 And (MSysObjects.Flags)<>-2147483645 And (MSysObjects.Flags)<>10) AND ((MSysObjects.Type) In (1)))

...and it's working fine. I use this query to get names of the tables for a combo box so that the user can choose the record source for a form, but after I created a switchboard, a new table called "Switchboard Items" was created. I don't want this table to show up in the combo box, how can I exclude it?
    Yes, this MSysObjects is from me, and to avoid getting this table name you shoud writ it as follow:

FROM MSysObjects
    WHERE (((MSysObjects.Name)<>'switchboard') AND ((MSysObjects.Flags)<>-2147483648 And (MSysObjects.Flags)<>2 And (MSysObjects.Flags)<>-2147483645) AND ((MSysObjects.Type) In (1,4)))

By the way, what is a switchboard? What could you do with it. I don't have such switchboard in Access97. Is it only in Access97 and XP?

"A switchboard is a form that allows you to navigate around your Access database. The switchboard is made of buttons that you click. You can program these buttons to open forms, reports, queries, etc."

So basically it's a form with buttons

I was just browsing thru menus and saw switchboard manager. I just had to try it out

oh... and I use Access 2002, I don't know if Access 97 has it, but here's where I found it: Tools > Database Utilities > Switchboard manager. It's pretty useless for access gurus.