Unanswered: Help adding numbers

Hello. I am new to DB design. I'm sure that this is fairly easy to do, but I can't figure it out. Here's what I have:

An Orders table with 4 fields: CustomerID (pulls from customer table), 21BoxQuantity, Special1Quantity, and Special2Quantity

I also have a report that shows the CustomerID along with the number of 21 boxes, Special 1, and Special 2 that each person ordered in tabular form.

What I need to do is have the grand totals for the 21 boxes, Special 1 boxes, and special 2 boxes appeaer at the end of the report.

Can someone please help me with this? Thanks.

If you need to look at my DB let me know, and I will e-mail it to you.

Re: Help adding numbers

Insert three Text Boxes in the Report Footer section (if the Report Footer is not visible, turn it on from the View menu). The Control Source for each will be :

=Sum(Fieldname)

For example, =Sum(21BoxQuantity)

Hope this helps!!

Originally posted by rpainter
    Hello. I am new to DB design. I'm sure that this is fairly easy to do, but I can't figure it out. Here's what I have:

An Orders table with 4 fields: CustomerID (pulls from customer table), 21BoxQuantity, Special1Quantity, and Special2Quantity

I also have a report that shows the CustomerID along with the number of 21 boxes, Special 1, and Special 2 that each person ordered in tabular form.

What I need to do is have the grand totals for the 21 boxes, Special 1 boxes, and special 2 boxes appeaer at the end of the report.

Can someone please help me with this? Thanks.

If you need to look at my DB let me know, and I will e-mail it to you.
    Andy Briggs
    Elmhurst Solutions Limited
    Database Development and Consultancy
    http://www.elmhurstsolutions.com

Thanks. That only counted the first row for some reason. So I created three boxes in the detail section and made the control 21BoxQuantity and so on, set them to hidden. I then made 3 more boxes in the report footer and set the control source to each of the three boxes in the detail section. Probably not the easiest way, but it worked.

BTW, I am using Access 2003.

Are you sure you didn't put the Text Boxes in the Page Footer rather than the Report header section?

Originally posted by rpainter
    Thanks. That only counted the first row for some reason. So I created three boxes in the detail section and made the control 21BoxQuantity and so on, set them to hidden. I then made 3 more boxes in the report footer and set the control source to each of the three boxes in the detail section. Probably not the easiest way, but it worked.

BTW, I am using Access 2003.
    Andy Briggs

Sorry, the "Report Footer" section.
    Andy Briggs