Earth | North America | United States | California | Long Beach

Unanswered: Combine multiple records to single record

I need to be able to take several records from a single table and combine them to create one record to show on a report.

For example, my table would have the following records:
    LocationNum, SalesPerson, Product
    550, SmithJ, Widgets
    550, JonesS, Connectors
    550, WhiteK, Valves

I want to pull all of the Products sold at Location 550 so that I can report them on a report as such

550 Widgets / Connectors / Valves

There is not a fixed number of products for each location. I know that I would use some sort of concatenation but, I am not sure how to take this forward.

Any help is appreciated.
    Jack

Do you have an upper bound? If not, there is no real way to do this since you're trying to convert row data into column data and report-wise column data has to be a fixed number ...

Earth | North America | United States | California | Long Beach
    What do you mean by upper bound?

With regard to the report. The row of data on the report would be based on the location number. So, the rest of the report would be like this...
    LocationNum, LocationName, Manager, etc etc.

My problem is with the multiple products per location. I would like each location to take up only one line. I do not care if the line height grows due to this particular field. In fact this field would grow if there were a few products sold at a location.

Alternatively, if there is a better way to track this data (than what I have shown) I would not mind changing the table.

Many thanks,
    Jack

Originally posted by M Owen
    Do you have an upper bound? If not, there is no real way to do this since you're trying to convert row data into column data and report-wise column data has to be a fixed number ...