Thread: OLE DB Provider

Unanswered: OLE DB Provider

I am attempting to use the Informix Client SDK provided OLEDB provider to connect to an Informix database that is hosted on a UNIX SCO server. I will eventually be using the connection to build a simple web based front end that allows users to view there information.

I have tried a number of times to configure the provider and keep getting error -908. A review of the informix site indicates that this is caused be the server be offline or a congested network. I know the server is online as other applications are accessing it. Our network is so over built that I would be shocked if we were using more than 10% of the total bandwidth.

Not being a Unix guru I was wondering how one goes about verifying the name of the informix server.

I was also looking for anyone's experience with using the Client SDK or where IBM is hiding documentation that actually discusses how to set the thing up.

Thanks in advance

What platform and language are you using the client sdk ?

Originally posted by rnealejr
    What platform and language are you using the client sdk ?
    I installed the client sdk on both a windows 2003 Server and an XP Professional machine. On both machines I kept getting errors that neither the old db provider nor the ODBC client could be initialized. The actual error number was 908. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Samantha