Unanswered: Concatenating Numbers (of 'Double' type)

I have 3 fields in a table:

WorkRequestID
    RFANumber
    ActivityID

Each is set as Number - Double.

I have a fourth field called:

CalcReference

This is also Number - Double type. I want to concatenate the WorkRequestID with RFANumber and ActivityID. Using the following in an update query, however, doesn't work:

[WorkRequestID] & [RFANumber] & [ActivityID]

If WorkRequestID = 1000555899, RFANumber = 1, and ActivityID = 1, then I get the following:

1.00055589911E+11

When what I need is:

Does anyone know whats going on here? I want to keep CalcReference as an Integer rather than a Text field (which would sort the problem) as it will form a primary key.

Why create this new field for the purpose of maeking it you primary key. You can make the combination of the three fields a primary key without the need of combining them. Combining them creates redundate data. in the design view of your table, jsut select all three field and make them a primary key.

The whn you need to display you three way key as one field you can do that as a text of display purposes only.

S-

WorkRequestID, RFANumber, and ActivityID are 3 seperate fields, and I will not be keeping them in the destination table, I will only be keeping CalcReference. For indexing purposes, surely its faster to index 1 (integer) field rather than 3? I'm dealing with a large amount of data, hence the above reasoning.