Unanswered: Progress ODBC Driver problem

Hi
    I am having a problem with MERANT 3.60 32-BIT Progress SQL Driver , it allows me to connect to the Progress database without any difficulties, I can even see the tables in the database, but the problem is that i can not get the data out of the tables using "SELECT * FROM location", it gives me an error:
    Access Denied or Key Vilation (7512)

I have tried this driver in Visual C# and Borland Builder C++6 , they both giving me the same error

Please help

Re: Progress ODBC Driver problem

Originally posted by kon_oleg
    Hi
    I am having a problem with MERANT 3.60 32-BIT Progress SQL Driver , it allows me to connect to the Progress database without any difficulties, I can even see the tables in the database, but the problem is that i can not get the data out of the tables using "SELECT * FROM location", it gives me an error:
    Access Denied or Key Vilation (7512)

I have tried this driver in Visual C# and Borland Builder C++6 , they both giving me the same error

Please help
    Hi,
    Try "select * from PUB.location;". If you receive the similar error that means you have no rights to view data in location table. In that case you must GRANT priviliges to user that tries to perform SELECT statement on locate table.
    Regards
    Bogdan

Question Question:Progress ODBC Driver problem

Quote Originally Posted by brbogdan
    Hi,
    Try "select * from PUB.location;". If you receive the similar error that means you have no rights to view data in location table. In that case you must GRANT priviliges to user that tries to perform SELECT statement on locate table.
    Regards
    Bogdan
    Hi brbogdan
    What if the error states a mis-spelling of the table name (even knowing it's spelled correctly). I've tried with and without the PUB. ALso tried in between quotes and without them, I succeed connecting to all the SYSPROGRESS tables but to none of the PUB. ones.
    The error tells me about mis-spelling but not of lack of priviliges to read data.
    I'm trying to connect from a MSAccess 2007 front-end using DataDirect Progress ODBC 5.09.00.37 to a Progress 10.1a database. I also tried from a Visual Studio application using the same method and get the same error.
    Any ideas? Doesn't seem a privilege problem to me because we succeed to connect to the PUB. tables using Delphi and the ODBC driver.