Unanswered: Trying to get a balance figure!

I have a form that allows me to enter cheque details, also on the form i have a listbox that displays any other cheques that have been issued to that person, what i am trying to do is have a textbox that displays a balance figure. There will only be amax of 6 cheques issued to any one person, whats the best way to do this? i have made a few feeble attempts, but no joy as yet!
    Tble is called "Cheques" and the fields are S_REF, date issued, cheque number, term issued, amount and toatal amount. i am nearly finished the d'base so any help would be great!
    Take 'er handy!

i have an 'enter' button when a new cheque is issued, can i tie the balance in with it so it automatically updates?
    Take 'er handy!

Re: Trying to get a balance figure!

One thing you could try is using a subform instead of a listbox to display the other cheques. Make the subform display in datasheet format. On the footer of the subform, create a unbound text box, and enter a SUM of all the cheques - the basic access help file explains in detail how to do this. Then have your main form refer to the box in the footer of the subform that has your total, again using an unbound text box in which you enter the reference to the subform and the name of the text box that has the SUM function in it. You can have another box on your main form that adds the cheque you're writing to that total, so that you have a total of everything including the cheque you're writing now.