Unanswered: Clear a form on open - Not DataEntry =YES

Hi,

How do i clear a form on open?

The purpose of this is so that when a user opens a form, the form is blank and they can then select a value in a combo box to see related data.

I'm sure it's pretty straightforward but just don't know how.

Thanks

Parm

Provided Answers: 1

Question Re: Clear a form on open - Not DataEntry =YES

Originally posted by Parma
    Hi,

How do i clear a form on open?

The purpose of this is so that when a user opens a form, the form is blank and they can then select a value in a combo box to see related data.

I'm sure it's pretty straightforward but just don't know how.

Thanks

Parm
    What do you mean by clear the Form? You mean don't show the Objects on it? Or don't show the text?

I mean show the form so there isn't any text showing. When I open my form you can always see the data pertaining to the last record that was viewed the last time it was open.

It's just to make all the record fields on the form look empty.

For instance I would like all the fields such as Custername name and address to be visible but don't actually want any text in the fields when the forms open.

When a selection is then made in the combo box, I would like all these fields to be populated with the relevant data for that record.

I just want to give the form a more professional look to the user before they select a value from the combo box -which then shows the related data.

Thanks for your help

Parma

Situation resolved

Type this into the op open event of the form:

DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec

This clears the form. You can then set the focus to your combo box and choose your selection.

Thanks for your help anyway