Thread: Access and MSDE

Unhappy Unanswered: Access and MSDE

MSDE works fine and i'm able to connect from everywhere i want to, but there is still a little problem in my f* configuration. I'm not able to update or insert any data in the database from MS Access. Using osql or Java with JDBC or any other I'm able to do so, but not in Access.
    Are you able to help me and solve it ?

thanks dragun

Re: Access and MSDE

Originally posted by dragun
    MSDE works fine and i'm able to connect from everywhere i want to, but there is still a little problem in my f* configuration. I'm not able to update or insert any data in the database from MS Access. Using osql or Java with JDBC or any other I'm able to do so, but not in Access.
    Are you able to help me and solve it ?

thanks dragun
    In past, I had a situation like this - tables on SQL Server (MSDE) did not have primary keys or unique indexes. It sounds stupid but....

Ok, it's stupid without any primary key, but i want to know why i can't update any table? I can just read data via access and i need a solution.

bye

Access needs a Primary key on the linked table (the table in MSDE). Without it, it cannot issue update or insert commands. Put a Primary Key on your SQL table, re-link the tables in Access and that should do it for you.

hmscott