Thumbs up Unanswered: Oracle to SQL Server Replication

Hi there - the scenario is as follows... a VB app has been extracting data from an Oracle DB (v 7. i think), converting it to .csv format and then been uploaded to SQL Server DB - this has proved volatile and inefficient, has anyone got any experience with Oracle -> SQL Server replication? Are there any known good tools or built in Oracle admin tools?
    rgs,

Ghostman

Hello

If the volume of data is very high & data transfer is going to be frequent then, one should go for ETL Tools.

My suggestion would be to use ETL (Extract,Transformation & Loading) tools such as Informatica, Ab Initio, etc....

Hope this info helps....

Regards,

SK

Originally posted by skavi
    Hello

If the volume of data is very high & data transfer is going to be frequent then, one should go for ETL Tools.

My suggestion would be to use ETL (Extract,Transformation & Loading) tools such as Informatica, Ab Initio, etc....

Hope this info helps....

Regards,

SK
    Yeah, i am gathering as many options as i can, so 3rd party tools are definitely a consideration. I have also varified that one can use DTS between SQL Server and Oracle to the full extent, apparently there should be no need for go-between apps.

thanx for your reply
    rgs,

Ghostman