Question Unanswered: Problem in Trigger

Hi all,
    i have inserted 1 GB images in my table and after comparing the images with each other i want to delete the images from the table. But i get always the error message during the delete:

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DBException: [ IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT ] SQL0723N An error occurred in a triggered SQL statement in trigger "MMDBSYS.DBIMAGE3FC8BCBBF". Information returned for the error includes SQLCODE "-964", SQLSTATE "57011" and message tokens "". SQLSTATE=09000

Does anybody know what's wrong with the trigger? I didn't program yet for the trigger. Have i anything forgotten? Please help me! I use DB2 V8 image extender no fix pack.

Thank you very much and greeting from germany!

rabbit

Re: Problem in Trigger

Originally posted by rabbit
    Hi all,
    i have inserted 1 GB images in my table and after comparing the images with each other i want to delete the images from the table. But i get always the error message during the delete:

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DBException: [ IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT ] SQL0723N An error occurred in a triggered SQL statement in trigger "MMDBSYS.DBIMAGE3FC8BCBBF". Information returned for the error includes SQLCODE "-964", SQLSTATE "57011" and message tokens "". SQLSTATE=09000

Does anybody know what's wrong with the trigger? I didn't program yet for the trigger. Have i anything forgotten? Please help me! I use DB2 V8 image extender no fix pack.

Thank you very much and greeting from germany!

rabbit
    'db2 ? sql0964' shows what this error means, you don't have enough log space.
    If you can't commit more frequently you need to specify additional logs (or define a larger logfilesize).

Hope this helps.

Re: Problem in Trigger (how can i define a larger logfile)

thank you gertk,
    I think my logfile is not large enough. But i don't know how can i define a larger logfile. I have no experence for this. Can you give me any suggestions? (new configuration?)

thank you very much and greeting from germany!

rabbit

Originally posted by GertK
    'db2 ? sql0964' shows what this error means, you don't have enough log space.
    If you can't commit more frequently you need to specify additional logs (or define a larger logfilesize).

Hope this helps.

Re: Problem in Trigger (how can i define a larger logfile)

Originally posted by rabbit
    thank you gertk,
    I think my logfile is not large enough. But i don't know how can i define a larger logfile. I have no experence for this. Can you give me any suggestions? (new configuration?)

thank you very much and greeting from germany!

rabbit
    You can change the log with the 'db2 update database configuration ' command (or 'db2 update db cfg').

Some examples from my Windows Command prompt:

With 'db2 get db cfg for sample|find "(LOG" ' you can get the current log settings:
    Log buffer size (4KB) (LOGBUFSZ) = 8
    Log file size (4KB) (LOGFILSIZ) = 250
    Number of primary log files (LOGPRIMARY) = 3
    Number of secondary log files (LOGSECOND) = 2
    Log retain for recovery enabled (LOGRETAIN) = OFF

Things you can change are the LOGFILSIZ (the size of one log file), LOGPRIMARY (the number of primary logs) and LOGSECONDARY you can guess

The log 'behaviour' is fully documented in the information center, check the third option after searching for logprimary.

Hope this helps.

Greetings from the Netherlands.