Question Unanswered: Connecting MySQL to Foxpro

hi, I wanna connect MySQL database into FoxPRO but i dont know how
    please, if any one know about this, please send me a page where there's information about this

Thank you...
    Ivanips

Question

I'm just not sure how you would go about doing this. FoxPro is strictly a file-based database; MySQL is strictly a client-server system, and if it somehow supports direct access to the FoxPro format, "I know it not."

If, on the other hand, you want to import data into a MySQL database, as a one-time thing, then that should be easy. You know that there are ODBC/DAO drivers for both formats, and any number of "data pump" type programs should be able to quickly get the data from one place to the other. This is a job that is encountered very commonly, and it has been thoroughly solved.

Also don't overlook the possibility of (1) exporting the data from FoxPro into a friendly format like comma-delimited; then (2) importing the data from that file into MySQL using a command which easily understands the chosen format. Definitely look for the simplest, most uncomplicated way you can find to get this done, if it is a "one-time" or "infrequent" task.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com