Unanswered: Oracle 8.1.7 Net 6 Hangs in Xeon even after applying oracle Workarounds..

Hi

I have a Xeon 2.4 Ghz machine with Windows 2000 Server. I had problems Installing the oracle 8.1.7 server. So i followed the oracle standard workarounds and was able to install the application. But when i try to add a listener the Net8CA just hangs after the last screen which prompts for Whether you want to create a new listener or not. It hangs regardless of what option i choose and there is no listener created.

Any thoughts...
    Regards
    Anthony

You mean Net8?

To clarify the workaround, copy the entire contents of the CD to a directory on your hard drive and delete both copies of file symcjit.dll, and then run the installer from this directory.

If you don't have sufficient RAM available (like 32 MB free RAM) then the post-installation program won't run properly. It just appears to hang, but really the OS is swapping the same stuff so frequently it doesn't appear on screen.

Also, it often pops up a Java windows behind all your other windows. It will NOT be listed on your taskbar, because it's a child window. If you close the main window, then the popup closes too. The only way to find it is to Alt-Tab through all of your open windows.
    MarkRem
    Author, Oracle Database 10g: From Nuts to Soup
    http://www.remidata.com/book_nuts2soup.htm

Red face Yeah I meant Net8

Sorry for the typing mistake..i was able to create a listner after many reboots..i have no clue how it worked..But when i tried starting Database Configuration Assistant..it gave me some ORACLE_HOME path Error..

SO tried creating the database using script..But to my disappointment the SVEMGRL fails to connect.. i use INTERNAL/oracle to connect and i get Error message Insufficient privileges.

Iam logged on to the system as administrator who belongs to the ORA_DBA group..

I can't figure out a solution for the above..

Any Help.....

Regards
    Anthony