Thread: Possibly Array

Unanswered: Possibly Array

I am trying to create a page that will display information in a text box making it availaible for updating. For example I have a table in my database which holds the following:

Field 1 = ID
    Field 2 = Number
    Field 3 = Number

The pages looks like this:

Field 1 Field 2 Field3
    1 2.00 2.00
    2 3.00 3.00
    etc....

The user has the ability to change the values in field 1, field 3, or both. When the user clicks submit I want the database to update the values for the partciular ID they are associated with. I am trying to figure out the best possible way of posting this infomration and then updating it in the database. Any help would be appreciated.

Thumbs up

I always think it's a good idea to let the user make several changes, then press "OK" to actually carry them out. That of course involves retrieving the records to an array, allowing edits to be made against that array, and using the array to issue SQL requests when (and if) the user presses OK.

The code to do all of that is mundane, but I really like to see that capability in a web-site or any other app.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

Originally posted by sundialsvcs
    I always think it's a good idea to let the user make several changes, then press "OK" to actually carry them out. That of course involves retrieving the records to an array, allowing edits to be made against that array, and using the array to issue SQL requests when (and if) the user presses OK.

The code to do all of that is mundane, but I really like to see that capability in a web-site or any other app.

Thanks for the help.