Unanswered: Excel worksheet in access?

Hi,

I dont think it's possible, but just in case, is it possible to display an excel worksheet with some simple functions in it ( 2 sums ) in a form?

Like i said, i'm pessimistic about this, but it would greatly help me out if it turns out to be possible!!!

Cheers!
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

There are 10 kinds of people, ones that understand digital, others that dont

Re: Excel worksheet in access?

Good news for you - it's possible and, moreover, very easy.

You can display the worksheet in a form. You can even double-click on it in an Access form so that you can edit it within the form using Excel menus and toolbars. You can store the worksheet in an Access table if you want to, or you can link it to an Excel file so that changes by users are automatically reflected. And so on.

But it's a big subject, and ultimately depends on your exact requirements. To get you started, search Access Help for "embedded objects" and "linked objects". We'd also need to know what version of Access you're running, as behaviour and methods vary between versions.

Originally posted by MrCrud

Hi,

I dont think it's possible, but just in case, is it possible to display an excel worksheet with some simple functions in it ( 2 sums ) in a form?

Like i said, i'm pessimistic about this, but it would greatly help me out if it turns out to be possible!!!

Cheers!
    Andy Briggs
    Elmhurst Solutions Limited
    Database Development and Consultancy
    http://www.elmhurstsolutions.com

thanks for the reply!

I'm running Access 2002 with the rest of Office XP. Basically, what i want to do, is have fields to enter amounts of different types of payments and a field of the total being calculated as the amounts are entered. Ideally in a form so it can be easier to work with for the sales staff who arent used to this.

I'm also pretty sure there are numerous other ( perhaps better ) ways to get this done, but i'm just not quite at that level yet!! ( Working on it though...)

Cheers!
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

There are 10 kinds of people, ones that understand digital, others that dont

In that case, do you actually need a spreadsheet in the form? Can't you just use an Access form to calculate the totals, and display them in a text box?

Originally posted by MrCrud
    thanks for the reply!

I'm running Access 2002 with the rest of Office XP. Basically, what i want to do, is have fields to enter amounts of different types of payments and a field of the total being calculated as the amounts are entered. Ideally in a form so it can be easier to work with for the sales staff who arent used to this.

I'm also pretty sure there are numerous other ( perhaps better ) ways to get this done, but i'm just not quite at that level yet!! ( Working on it though...)

Cheers!
    Andy Briggs
    Elmhurst Solutions Limited
    Database Development and Consultancy
    http://www.elmhurstsolutions.com