Unanswered: Calendar in Oracle Forms

Hey there,

I was wondering how easy it would be to implement a visual calendar in oracle forms. I've seen a few examples on other sites but was wondering if anyone had actually created one before.
    The main target would be to have each day split into three time slots (eg morning/afternoon/evening) and colour co-ordinate each day on the calendar - the times not that important. Then if the target slot was "occupied" it would show as gray rather than its original colour. Whether this is possible I dont know but wouldnt mind knowing how easy the calendar function is to implement.
    Any help appreciated!

Re: Calendar in Oracle Forms

Originally posted by scomfort
    Hey there,

I was wondering how easy it would be to implement a visual calendar in oracle forms. I've seen a few examples on other sites but was wondering if anyone had actually created one before.
    The main target would be to have each day split into three time slots (eg morning/afternoon/evening) and colour co-ordinate each day on the calendar - the times not that important. Then if the target slot was "occupied" it would show as gray rather than its original colour. Whether this is possible I dont know but wouldnt mind knowing how easy the calendar function is to implement.
    Any help appreciated!
    there is a given oracle forms calendar that is part of the object library. The calendar is a form in itself so you have access to the code. take a look and play around wit the code.
    rgs,

Ghostman

Ok cheers.
    I tried to look up the calendar in the object library but didnt know where to look for it - went into the object library but then what?
    In not knowing how to do this I found a form online and opened it up fine, albeit not knowing what was going on! (Im quite new to Forms!).
    I presume most calendars would work by where the user selects a date and results come up pertaining to that date (obviously there would be some sort of link). Is this easy to do?

Originally posted by scomfort
    Ok cheers.
    I tried to look up the calendar in the object library but didnt know where to look for it - went into the object library but then what?
    In not knowing how to do this I found a form online and opened it up fine, albeit not knowing what was going on! (Im quite new to Forms!).
    I presume most calendars would work by where the user selects a date and results come up pertaining to that date (obviously there would be some sort of link). Is this easy to do?
    open the sndrd20.olb object library. from the components page, copy or subclass the calendar object group

attach the PL/SQL library calendar.pll which contains the Date_LOV package to your module.

create a Key-Listval trigger on teh date item for which you would like to use te Date List of Values. Add code to display the calendar using the Date_LOV package.

If you want the end user to be able to close the Date List of Values window by clicking the WindowClose button in the title bar, create a form-level When-Window-Closed trigger.

A single calendar can be used on many different date items.

Sounds complex, but its a few quick steps
    rgs,

Ghostman

Still cant find sndrd20.olb. In actual fact when I did a search of any .olb's I only found 2! Not sure why ...
    Rest of it does sound a bit complex but I'll have to find a way of opening this object library first!

Wink Oracle Celander.fmx

hi, I am posting this reply for new developers and for the people who still have problem in using oracle company calendar which is no doubt difficult enough to add and run.

I have an oracle calendar.fmx. This is one page calendar like Microsoft date control. You dont have to add any library kind of things.

Simply download the calendar.fmx into c: drive and Create a trigger "When Mouse Click" at your date fields.

--in the trigger body write the following code

Select_all;
    Copy_region;
    Call_form('C:\calendar.fmx',no_hide,no_repalce);
    Select_all;
    Paste_region;

To get a free copy of calendar.fmx please email me at
    shabbihshah@hotmail.com

Regards
    Shabbih