Question Unanswered: VB, Delphi, or ?

I have written several intermediate level database applications in MS Access. I want to freely distribute them to fellow church members for their use. However I don't want to force them to purchase Access and I can't afford the ODE.

I am limited in funds and available time to write these apps so I am looking for a RAD tool, relatively inexpensive or free. So my questions are:

VB, Delphi (learning curve?), or ?
    Which Delphi release roughly corresponds with VB6 Pro?

Thanks.

If your application is in Access now then it should stay there. (I say that being thoroughly conversant in all the tools you name ... voice of experience here. )

Perhaps your fellow church members could contribute to the ODE cost? (I do not mean to sound the slightest bit condescending.)
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

How complex are these access applications - do you they use forms and reporting ? Are you looking to keep access for the backend and vb/delphi for front-end development ? How much time do you have ?

Originally posted by rnealejr
    How complex are these access applications - do you they use forms and reporting ? Are you looking to keep access for the backend and vb/delphi for front-end development ? How much time do you have ?
    They use many forms. 1>M>M relationships. Extensive reporting. All the things Access makes easy. I would prefer a db as least as robust and easy as JET. Simplicity is paramount for me as I write and maintain these apps in my spare time.

This is really based on your time constraints. If you have to move then I would use vb/Data Report Designer /access(or msde). Just know that this will be a time consuming process.

This is really based on your time constraints. If you have to move then I would use vb/Data Report Designer /access(or msde). Just know that this will be a time consuming process.
    I am unfamiliar with Data Report Designer. Is this included with VB?
    -Thanks

Yes - go to Project -> Add Data Report.

Yes - go to Project -> Add Data Report.
    -Thanks