Thread: DBase decrypten

Question Unanswered: DBase decrypten

Hai,

I want to decrypt a DBase database, because it is encrypted but we lost the password.

Can anyone help me? Is there a tool on the market?

Please let me know.

Greetings, Silvano.

Hi

Have you tried importing the tables into an Access database? AccessXP gives some problems but earlier versions are better. I have not tried this but it is worth a go.
    taxes

taxes,

How would importing into Access would help? If you import encrypted data into Access, it will still be encrypted.

Silvano,

You may be out of luck. Without the password, or key, there may be no way to decrypt. My only suggestion would be to contact the manufacturer of the encryption software (if it's third party) and see if you could persuade them to help. If it's an internal routine, you may be able to backtrack through the code and get an idea.
    DSummZZZ

Even more Fox stuff at
    www.davesummers.net/foxprolinks.htm

Hi dsumzzz

"How would importing into Access would help? If you import encrypted data into Access, it will still be encrypted. "

May be it won't help, may be it will. Encryption is not dealt with in the dBase documentation I have (up to III plus) but I had a feeling it applied to program files as in those days it was mainly the programme they were trying to protect. Part of the dBase .dbf files are always encrypted anyway, but you can still import the data into Access & others.
    taxes