Unanswered: TimesTen & JDBC connection url

Hi,
    I am trying to develop a Java database client program that connects to TimesTen server. Now, I know that many people on this forum would have worked on popular databases like MySQL,Oracle etc. But I appeal to all the TimesTen (a very fast in-memory database) users to help me.
    My problem is that in case of Oracle, we specify the Database connection string as

jdbcracle:thin:@<machineName>:<listeningPortNumber>:<D SN_Name>

Now in case of TimesTen database, I know the initial part of the connection URl which is

jdbc:timesten:client

but how should I specify the remaining things like m/c name, dsnName, listeningPortName etc. I mean, there must be some specific order/syntax which need not be the same as that of Oracle (and the Oracle format doesn't work here, since I have tried using it!).

The driverString I used to load the TimesTen driver is com.timesten.jdbc.TimesTenClientDriver
    (to load this driver, you have to use the classes13.jar which comes along with TimesTen database)

Urgent Help required!!

Thanks,
    Amit

Re: TimesTen & JDBC connection url

Amit,

By now, I'm sure you have either solved the problem or found a work around. But yesterday I encountered the same problem you did, and stumbled on your post. I think I have the answer.

The TimesTen JDBC driver is simply a JDBC-ODBC bridge. There is no way to specify <machineName> and <listeningPortNumber> in the JDBC URL. The <DSN> field of the JDBC URL must point to an ODBC DSN defined on the local machine.

The TimesTen ODBC driver should let you specify the address and port of the TimesTen DB server.

FWIW,
    Eric

Originally posted by amit_parmar
    Hi,
    I am trying to develop a Java database client program that connects to TimesTen server. Now, I know that many people on this forum would have worked on popular databases like MySQL,Oracle etc. But I appeal to all the TimesTen (a very fast in-memory database) users to help me.
    My problem is that in case of Oracle, we specify the Database connection string as

jdbcracle:thin:@<machineName>:<listeningPortNumber>:<D SN_Name>

Now in case of TimesTen database, I know the initial part of the connection URl which is

jdbc:timesten:client

but how should I specify the remaining things like m/c name, dsnName, listeningPortName etc. I mean, there must be some specific order/syntax which need not be the same as that of Oracle (and the Oracle format doesn't work here, since I have tried using it!).

The driverString I used to load the TimesTen driver is com.timesten.jdbc.TimesTenClientDriver
    (to load this driver, you have to use the classes13.jar which comes along with TimesTen database)

Urgent Help required!!

Thanks,
    Amit