Question Unanswered: Restore DB with different codepage

Hi!
    We are trying to set up a new machine, and I need to restore a DB onto this machine from the old one. On the old machine, all of the databases are codepage 819, except the one I need which is 1208. On the new machine, all of the current dbs are codepage 819.

I need to restore the db that is codepage 1208, but get the error:
    "SQL2548N Database codepage "1208" indicated in the backup image differs from that of the current on-disk database codepage "819". The Restore operation has failed."

How do I get this database to restore? Ideally, I would like it to be codepage 819, but I can live with keeping it codepage 1208. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Jodie

Re: Restore DB with different codepage

Originally posted by jodie
    Hi!
    We are trying to set up a new machine, and I need to restore a DB onto this machine from the old one. On the old machine, all of the databases are codepage 819, except the one I need which is 1208. On the new machine, all of the current dbs are codepage 819.

I need to restore the db that is codepage 1208, but get the error:
    "SQL2548N Database codepage "1208" indicated in the backup image differs from that of the current on-disk database codepage "819". The Restore operation has failed."

How do I get this database to restore? Ideally, I would like it to be codepage 819, but I can live with keeping it codepage 1208. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Jodie
    AFAIK the only way is to use 'create database ...' command with the needed options to create a new database with the same name and codepage 1208. After that you can restore the original database replacing the 'new' database.

You also might want to take a look at the db2look and db2move utilities if you want a new database with codepage 819.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

I think that's what we are planning on doing - creating a new db, and restoring the old one overtop.

Thanks again
    Jodie