Unanswered: Combo Box Help in Access...

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me? Basically, I've set up a small database for a car hire company, and I have nearly finished it. However, something that I need to do, and am really not sure how to, is, when you select a car from a drop-down box, e.g. Ford Fiesta, the category that the car belongs to is automatically put into the CarCategory text box.

There are five categories - A, B, C, D and E and, for example, you choose the car 'Ford Fiesta' from the drop-down menu, the category 'A' is automatically put into the CarCategory text box (as the Ford Fiesta belongs to category A).

Does anyone know how to achieve this? I would be extremely grateful for any help!

Depending on how you set this up you can trap the ComboBox After_Update event and pull/set the corresponding textbox accordingly ...

Sounds good, only problem is, I have no idea how to do this!

Where do you store these categories?

HOW TO TRAP AN EVENT:

View the form's code.
    Selection the control you want to trap event for (lefthand combobox) and then select the event to trap from the righthand combobox.

In the event method, set the textbox's text using:

MyTextBoxName.Value="Whatever you want here ..."

At the moment, all I have done is to make two fields in my table, the first called CarMake and the second called CarCategory, as I wasn't sure at all how to go about this and I have very little to no VB experience!