Thread: control file error
12-03-03, 21:58 #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
- Pasay City, Philippines
Unanswered: control file error
How can I change the path from the CTL1ORCL.ORA AND CTL2ORCL.ORA. MY ORACLE DATABASE IS LOCATED IN D:\ORANT\DATABASE BUT NOW WE HAVE NEW SERVER SO I WANT TO CHANGE IT GOING TO F:\ORANT\DATABASE HOW CAN I ACTIVATE IT. I USE NOTEPAD TO EDIT THE CONTROL FILES AND SAVE IT BUT UPON MOUNTING IT..IT SAYS
ORA-00205: ERROR IN IDENTIFYING CONTROL FILE 'F:\ORANT\DATABASE\CTL1ORCL.ORA'
ORA-09202: SFIFI: ERROR IDENTIFYING FILE
OSD-04004: INVALID FILE HEADER
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS ONE....
12-03-03, 22:23 #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2003
- Minneapolis, MN
IS CTL1ORCL.ORA AND CTL2ORCL.ORA?
I guess it shoud be CTL1ORCL.CTL and CTL2ORCL.CTL instead.
Anyhow, If you want to change your destination, You have to create the control files, follow the steps given below.
(1) Generate the ascii copy of control file (On old Server)
ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE.
(2) shutdown cleanley (i.e EXCEPT abort)
(3) copy the required database files and ascii controlfile scripts to new server ( For more information read Cloning db to new server)
(4) update the initSID.ora file and include the new location of controlfile
i.e, CONTROLFILES='F:\ORANT\DATABASE\CTL1ORCL.CTL', 'F:\ORANT\DATABASE\CTL1ORCL.CTL) (On new server)
(5) create instance and
STARTUP nomount ( on new server)
(6) run the scripts (make sure you delete unnecessary lines from this file)
MS Computer Science
OCP DBA 9i/8i