Exclamation Unanswered: Oracle Report 6i - RWRBE60.EXE Error

We are having a serious problem with running 6i reports on Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000 Pro client machines.

Windows displays message "RWRBE60.EXE has generated error and will be closed by windows". We have tried checking the error on microsoft.com/support and also oracle site but it was a futile exercise.

Is this windows error or oracle reports and how do we resolve this issue permanently.

Thank you and best regards,

Re: Oracle Report 6i - RWRBE60.EXE Error

Originally posted by anto_sa
    We are having a serious problem with running 6i reports on Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000 Pro client machines.

Windows displays message "RWRBE60.EXE has generated error and will be closed by windows". We have tried checking the error on microsoft.com/support and also oracle site but it was a futile exercise.

Is this windows error or oracle reports and how do we resolve this issue permanently.

Provided Answers: 4
    I think solution lies in downloading (and installing) Developer 6i ver. 2 for XP, and - next - applying PATCH No. 13.

6i v.2. readme says:
    Forms & Reports 6i Release 2 for Windows

February 11, 2003

This release of Forms and Reports 6i release-2 is certified on Windows XP. This certification is only applicable to running Forms and Reports at design time. This certification does not cover Forms and Reports deployment in client server mode or in use for a middle tier web deployment. The only change to this release is to make Forms and Reports 6i release-2 installable on Windows XP.

And this is Oracle patch 13: 2799915_600_WINNT.zip

I believe both of them could be found on the OTN.

My Computer usually stuck or hangs when i used to print reports
    using reports developer 6i using Windows Millenium\98.We have a
    Data Base Server of Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition operating under
    Windows 2000 Server,& clients of windows
    Millenium/98.
    Your help in solving this problem will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

I had the same problem. My soluction was to rename my reports with a shorter name. Try it.

I come across this problem as well although with me it only happens when I try to print the report after the report has already been generated. Everything is fine till I hit that little print button on the upper left and then the error springs up. This is happening to only one of my users...none of the others.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce

---------------------Reply-------------------------------------
    Hi

Please do follow the step,

1. Log into the PC and open the "regedit"
    2. Go to "ORACLE" add the path at the end of REPORTS60_PATH as below,
    ;ORACLE_HOME\REPORT60\ADMIN\TEMPLATE\US
    (ORACLE_HOME may be like "c:\orant\"
    IF the path not present in your oracle_home then create by manually.

Thanks

Regards,
    Ashok

I'm encountering this error also when I'm trying to run my report (form button call report).
    Have You gotted the solution ?

Thumbs up Try this...

We were having the same problem, but running Oracle reports 6.0 on Win Xp Pro SP2. We remove the printer driver from our printer server, then we download the driver from hP web page and...it works! We were having this problem for 6 months, and finally! Today we got the solution...all users never had any trouble printing others documents, that's why we never thought on this solution before. I hope this can help you.

--Ruben from Dominican Republic

i accured this problem too my solution was setting in printing preferences > advanced > document options > printer features > print all text as black > set Enabled
    printer was hp2015dn