Thread: > format

Unanswered: > format

I'm using ">" in the format of a form field to display all characters in upper case. The problem I'm having is that in memo fields it cuts off the entry way early. You can only see a limited amount of characters even though memo fields are suppose to be able to handle over 65 thousand. Is there any fix for this?

Re: > format

Hi there.

I'm no expert, but if you want text to be all caps, have you set the font size too large? Or, if you imported huge chunks of text, is there a block of space that puts the total size of 65,000+? Or, how about this, are you sure the whole text is in the memo field, especially if you imported to fill the memo field.

You've probably thought of all these already, but if you don't have an Access bible to refer to, I've also found that the online help (F1) is really useful in solving problems like this. Give it a real thorough search. Your answer may be lying in the small print.

Good luck

WOW...The format function of Access is great...but not that great. Memos are a lttle much for it to handle especially if they're long winded.

Your best bet is to simply test the input for upper case on a constant bases (say, in one of the Key events) and inform the user that they have fallen out of uppercase when it happens. This is relativly easy to do and if you really need further assitance in reegards to it, then by all means, let me know.