Unanswered: Problem with OCCI compiling C++

I try to compile the demo program in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo

with this command:
    make -f demo_rdbms.mk occipool

and I have this error in output:
    occipool.o(.gcc_except_table+0xe8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for oracle:: occi:QLException'
    occipool.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8occipoolC1Ev+0x18): In function `occipool:: occipool[in-charge]()':
    : undefined reference to `oracle:: occi::Environment::createEnvironment(oracle:: occi::Environment::Mode, void*, void* (*)(void*, unsigned), void* (*)(void*, void*, unsigned), void (*)(void*, void*))'
    occipool.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8occipoolD1Ev+0xf): In function `occipool::~occipool [in-charge]()':
    : undefined reference to `oracle:: occi::Environment::terminateEnvironment(oracle:: occi::Environment*)'
    occipool.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8occipool6selectEv+0 x355): In function `occipool::select()':
    : undefined reference to `oracle:: occi:QLException:QLException[in-charge](oracle:: occi:QLException const&)'
    occipool.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8occipool6selectEv+0 x395): In function `occipool::select()':
    : undefined reference to `oracle:: occi:QLException::getErrorCode() const'
    occipool.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8occipool6selectEv+0 x3db): In function `occipool::select()':
    : undefined reference to `oracle:: occi:QLException::getMessage() const'
    occipool.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8occipool6selectEv+0 x44f): In function `occipool::select()':
    : undefined reference to `oracle:: occi:QLException::~SQLException [in-charge]()'
    occipool.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8occipool6selectEv+0 x466): In function `occipool::select()':
    : undefined reference to `oracle:: occi:QLException::~SQLException [in-charge]()'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [buildocci] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/opt/ora9/product/9.2/rdbms/demo'
    make: *** [occipool] Error 2

Someone know the problem?

Thanks in advance
    Hi
    Sergio

Re: Problem with OCCI compiling C++

i have the same problem! can someone help me?
    Originally posted by straldi
    I try to compile the demo program in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo

with this command:
    make -f demo_rdbms.mk occipool

and I have this error in output:
    occipool.o(.gcc_except_table+0xe8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for oracle:: occi:QLException'
    occipool.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8occipoolC1Ev+0x18): In function `occipool:: occipool[in-charge]()':
    : undefined reference to `oracle:: occi::Environment::createEnvironment(oracle:: occi::Environment::Mode, void*, void* (*)(void*, unsigned), void* (*)(void*, void*, unsigned), void (*)(void*, void*))'
    occipool.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8occipoolD1Ev+0xf): In function `occipool::~occipool [in-charge]()':
    : undefined reference to `oracle:: occi::Environment::terminateEnvironment(oracle:: occi::Environment*)'
    occipool.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8occipool6selectEv+0 x355): In function `occipool::select()':
    : undefined reference to `oracle:: occi:QLException:QLException[in-charge](oracle:: occi:QLException const&)'
    occipool.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8occipool6selectEv+0 x395): In function `occipool::select()':
    : undefined reference to `oracle:: occi:QLException::getErrorCode() const'
    occipool.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8occipool6selectEv+0 x3db): In function `occipool::select()':
    : undefined reference to `oracle:: occi:QLException::getMessage() const'
    occipool.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8occipool6selectEv+0 x44f): In function `occipool::select()':
    occipool.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8occipool6selectEv+0 x466): In function `occipool::select()':
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [buildocci] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/opt/ora9/product/9.2/rdbms/demo'
    make: *** [occipool] Error 2

Someone know the problem?

Thanks in advance
    Hi
    Sergio

Re: Problem with OCCI compiling C++

Hi,
    I found the answer of our problem.
    We use a gcc version like gcc 3.2.* that is too new for using OCCI standard, and so when we compile we have some error in linking some library, in an Oracle forum I read that any Oracle developer are working to resolve this problem.
    If you want you can use OCCI, not standar, but it work well.
    You can see this site:
    http://otl.sourceforge.net/home.htm

I hope this help you.
    Hi
    Sergio

Can you tell me for details about this problem.
    How did you solve the probloem?

Occi

Hi
    It wasn't a really problem. You were not able to using OCCI Oracle 9i with the gcc 3.2.* because there was some library to link that was differen to to complie. You had to use the gcc 2.32.* and all worked fine.
    Now you can use the gcc 3.2.* becase Oracle give the new libraries and all OCI and OCCI work fine with gcc 3.2.*.
    So if you are some problem, I suggest you to download the last Oracle client, or use the Oracle 10g, so all libraries are ok for gcc 3.2.*.
    Hi
    Sergio