Post Unanswered: hotel reservation system using MS Access

Hey, I need some help. Got a project to do for IT: to create a Hotel Reservation System using MS Access, that's all the details about the guest including their assigned room, food etc that contributes to the final bill. Teach. says "Create a software that the hotel can use (install)...if I give them a CD with the system on it". I'm not sure how to go about creating a software within the software, get it? Help needed on creating and linking the tables and presenting in an impressive way.

My main focus needs to be on utilizing Access but, I can use a bit of Visual Basic (6), which btw I don't know how to use.

Thanks much.

Provided Answers: 1
    Come up with a rough sketch, then come back here. You'll get tons of good feedback if you take a crack at it first, otherwise we really can't tell what direction you'd like to go.

what do u think is really unclear about that?

It would appear you haven't put much planning into the project yet. That's what I'm getting at.

Things like:
    • How big is the hotel? (multiple sites?)
    • What reports will be required?
    • What raw data will be required to generate those reports?
    • How will the information be put in?
    • What structures will be required for that entry?

That's just getting started. Go through AT LEAST those steps. You're basically asking us to do your homework for you. There is A LOT of help to be had on this board, but you have to try first.

Sorry, didn't mean it that way.
    I have collected pretty much all the info. I might need for a reservation system. I've also created tables, and I've got the basic database planned out on paper, I mean I know what needs to be linked with what and how it should be presented.

What I'm trying to ask is basically tips on using Access, not what fields I should be linking; how to link the tables, which I later know how to print on paper as a report.

I suppose this still isn't as clear and specific as it should be. Thanks for your reply though.

Ok, so are you requesting help for form design?

Post your current schema, that's a good jump point.

What sort of interface are you going for? What kind of feel would you like? Would you like administrative functions seperate, or at all? How basic do you want it?

Okay, I have to go now. I'll get back to you on that soon. Thanks again.

Hi every one here...me too...i hve a project to make on Hotel Reservation on Ms Access...but i want some help from any of you...i really dunno wat to do...like the normalisation etc.....thanks!!!