Thread: Subform help

Unanswered: Subform help

First, thanks for the wonderful help I have received from the members of this forum.

Here my problem.
    I have never worked with subforms before, and now I am running into a wall. I need help setting up a subform to diplay the data from a table linked in a many to many relationship.

Program_ID
    Prog_Name

Program_ID
    Started
    Complete
    Require_ID

Require_ID
    Requirements

My main form has been passed a Prog_Name and cooresponding Program_ID. On that main form I also have a combo box allowing a user to select a Requirement/Require_ID. I would like my subform to show the started and completed data for each Program_ID/Require_ID combination.

I have been able to display the two ID's on the subform, but when a user changes the Require_ID from the combo box, the subform does not add a record for the new combination, it just updates the Require_ID field and leaves the rest of the data the same. No new record.

Any help you can offer me is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Steve

Re: Subform help

Hi there.

It sounds like you're missing one line of code. Your code in the AfterUpdate event for the ReqID/Requirements combo box probably has the following:

Me!YourComboBoxName.RowSource = strSQL

You need to add the following:

Me!YourComboBoxName.Requery

This will refresh the data when a new item is selected in the combo box.

Hope this helps.

Amadea

Re: Subform help

Ooops, made an error in the code. Sorry.

The added line should read:

Me!NameOfYourDisplayedDataBox(s).Requery

You didn't say how the record info was being displayed. I think that makes a difference. If you use text boxes, make sure you created the combo to "search for a record", then you won't need additional coding; if your using a list box, then you'll need a little code in the AfterUpdate event of the combo box.

Let me if this makes sense.

Amadea

Thank You

Thank you Amadea. Seems to work great. Your comments pointed me in to right direction and I used your requery code.

Thanks for your help,

Steve