Unanswered: How to compare two tables from two different databases?

Using DB@ v8.1 on windows 2000.

I have two database serves. Both the databases on two database servers. Both have same structure and synchronising each other. I need to verify whether both the database tables have same data after synchronization. Can I have solution from any one?

Thanks in advance
    Kenare

use the federated database...

gdipietro80

can u brief me how to use. I am not clear what is "federated database..."

Thanks
    Kenare

Hi,

In local database you can see the remote tables from remote database as thay would be in your local database - this is federated database.

If you are trying to compare two tables from two DB2 databases then all the products you need is DB2. If you would like to compare two tables from diffrent databases like DB2 and Oracle you need product IBM Information Integrator. As I see you probably have DB2 on bouth servers so DB2 is only what you need.

At IBM documentation site there is a book Federated Systems Guide. Download it and read it.

Try to configer it through GUI Control Center. At database level there is folder "Federated Database Objects". Right click on it and...

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty
    Last edited by grofaty; 12-08-03 at 03:09.

Hi,
    Yes both the databases are DB2 v8.1 only. I am going through the document. Thank you.
    Kenare