Unanswered: need help on access plz

i want to make autonumber starting from my own number for example 637501. How can i do this?
    also i want to show previous record data in my current record form. i need this because i want to know what is the last invoice number i used before current invoice number. i don't use autonumber for my invoice number because i have my own format. it seems i must use a text box to do this but i don't know the code to show previous record's invoice number in current record.
    one more question, i want to print my invoice from form view, but the resolution of my dot matrix printer is always set to the highest resolution. When i close my access the default resolution is set to highest resolution. so i have to set my resolution every time i open my access. i use a command button to do this with macro on event onclick. (action printout and the print quality is draft) but can't work. the printer always print in the highest resolution. anyone can help me plz?
    hendra gunadi

Re: need help on access plz

Originally posted by hendra1211
    i want to make autonumber starting from my own number for example 637501. How can i do this?
    Check this link out... It explains how to start your autonumber field value to something other than 1...
    http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0005.htm

also i want to show previous record data in my current record form. i need this because i want to know what is the last invoice number i used before current invoice number. i don't use autonumber for my invoice number because i have my own format. it seems i must use a text box to do this but i don't know the code to show previous record's invoice number in current record.
    Is the autonumber going to correspond with the invoice numbers? ...ie... Is the previous invoice number in the record containing the previous autonumber (highest autonumber - 1)? If so, you can set the text box's control source to use DLookup to find it... It would look something like
    "=DLookup("[fldInvoiceNum]","tblInvoices", "[fldAutonumber] = " & Me.txtAutonumber - 1) ...Obviously you'll have to change the field, table and control names to your own...
    one more question, i want to print my invoice from form view, but the resolution of my dot matrix printer is always set to the highest resolution. When i close my access the default resolution is set to highest resolution. so i have to set my resolution every time i open my access. i use a command button to do this with macro on event onclick. (action printout and the print quality is draft) but can't work. the printer always print in the highest resolution. anyone can help me plz?
    Not sure about this one... I've never had to do it... I'll look and see what I can find out...

HTH