Unanswered: SEARCH FORM IN ACCESS help!

i want to create a search form just like in winamp program. you know in winamp program when you click j button then input any character, then it search automatically based on your input. how can i do this? with vb code?
    i also want to implement it in a combo box. you know when the number of goods is become larger, it is more difficult to get your product name in combo box. is it possible if i type any character from product code or product name then the list is become shorter and shorter based on my input.
    hendra gunadi

Re: SEARCH FORM IN ACCESS help!

Originally posted by hendra1211
    i want to create a search form just like in winamp program. you know in winamp program when you click j button then input any character, then it search automatically based on your input. how can i do this? with vb code?
    i also want to implement it in a combo box. you know when the number of goods is become larger, it is more difficult to get your product name in combo box. is it possible if i type any character from product code or product name then the list is become shorter and shorter based on my input.
    Create a form with a text box and a list box. The field that you are searching on should be indexed to improve performance if you are using a large recrodset
    You can use the following code in the OnChange and OnLostFocus event of the search text box:

Me("MylistBox").RowSource = "SELECT MySearchField FROM MyTABLE WHERE (MySearcgField LIKE '" & Me("MySearchTextBox").Value & "*')

As you type in the text box the list box will filter correctly.