Question Unanswered: Help Required - DB2 Certification

Hi All,
    if i need to take up certification exams like DB2 -700 exam , is it essential to study only the referred books from IBM what if i prepare wrt the objects , Pl any one who has taken these certification exam pl., clear my dought?
    It will be really greatfulll..

Thanks
    Deepa.

Exam 700

Hi Deepa,

The best way to prepare for certification is to download the tutorials from the IBM Site. This is a really great starting point.

Secondly create a login at http://certify.torolab.ibm.com and start appearing for the sample tests. Though repititive they give you a really great idea of knowing where you stand in terms of the areas of questioning. Go on till you can score approx 80% consistently.

Once you are there, guess you can go ahead and give the exam.

This is the way I am prepraring.

Please also go through the useful stuff under the dbforums, that has links to online tutorials for 700

Best of luck

Regards

Nitin.
    Last edited by nitingm; 12-08-03 at 06:47.

Re: Exam 700

Hi Nitin,
    Thanks for your suggessions .... Will try it right away..

Thanks & Rgs.
    Deepa.
    Originally posted by nitingm
    Hi Deepa,

The best way to prepare for certification is to download the tutorials from the IBM Site. This is a really great starting point.

Secondly create a login at http://certify.torolab.ibm.com and start appearing for the sample tests. Though repititive they give you a really great idea of knowing where you stand in terms of the areas of questioning. Go on till you can score approx 80% consistently.

Once you are there, guess you can go ahead and give the exam.

This is the way I am prepraring.

Please also go through the useful stuff under the dbforums, that has links to online tutorials for 700

Best of luck

Regards

Nitin.

DB2 Universal Database V8.1
    for unix, Linux and Windows
    Database Adminstration Certification Guide.
    -By
    George Baklarz - Bill Wong

This is the best book (which is straight forward) to get through the Exams (700 and 701) + Online trainings (certify toronto labs).

If you have V7.1 or V6.1 certification guides (above said authors) books means, you will find more sample question and answers. Go to any book shop and search for V7.1 or V6.1 books and read the Q/A.

Good Luck!

Racha

Hi Racha ,
    Thanks for your suggession , but these books seems to be expensive , does any one know if one can get used books / reference books some where across India.

Thanks & Rgs.
    Deepa

Originally posted by udb_dba
    DB2 Universal Database V8.1
    for unix, Linux and Windows
    Database Adminstration Certification Guide.
    -By
    George Baklarz - Bill Wong

This is the best book (which is straight forward) to get through the Exams (700 and 701) + Online trainings (certify toronto labs).

If you have V7.1 or V6.1 certification guides (above said authors) books means, you will find more sample question and answers. Go to any book shop and search for V7.1 or V6.1 books and read the Q/A.

Good Luck!

Racha

Query

Hi Deepa,

I know it is a bit personal in nature, however which part of india are you in??

By the way you can always visit http://redbooks.ibm.com for some good references.

Then I could refer some places.
    Nitin.

Re: Query

Hi Nitin,
    I am put up at Bangalore ..

Thx
    deepa.
    Originally posted by nitingm
    Hi Deepa,

I know it is a bit personal in nature, however which part of india are you in??

By the way you can always visit http://redbooks.ibm.com for some good references.

Then I could refer some places.
    Nitin.

Great

Hi Deepa,

I am also put up in Banglore only. !!!

U can contact me.

Cheers

Nitin.

{removed email id...}
    Last edited by nitingm; 12-15-03 at 05:22.