Unanswered: Real Problemsin Access (help needed badly)

Hi,

I've posted a couple of messages on here recently, but I am struggling BIG TIME to get a database to work properly. Basically, I am making a small DB for my friend. It is for a car hire company.

The problems I am having are that when you select a car from the drop-down menu (CarMake field) on the Car form, the category that the car belongs to automatically goes into the CarCategory field of the same form (the Car form) and then at the same time, the Charging Scheme should also go into the ChargingScheme text box (once again on the Car form). This is causing me a major headache!

In addition, I programmed some VB to get a VAT calculation to work on the Rents form - but I have now decided I want that on the Car form. However, I can't seem to get it to work! By playing around with it, does anyone have any idea how to get it working on the Car form and not the Rents form as I have tried to do it myself, but failed!

I’ve decided that the Car form is where you would fill the fields in the rents form, all you really need to store in the rents form is the ID of the vehicle [Reg Number], the ID of the payment method, the ID of the person [The Licence number] the other fields should only be for information purposes on the form, except for the hire start date and hire end date which should be fields from the car table.

I am panicking BIG TIME about this now!

So basically, what I was wondering if anyone could look at for me (sorry to take the ask, I really wouldn’t unless I was totally stuck) is: -

Making the Payment Method and VAT that I have got working on the Rents form, work on the Car form and not the Rents form as it currently is.

Anyone see if they can help with the problem below that I am also totally stuck on!: -

http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=973429

If this can get sorted then the DB is done! But it is a big IF! I have been looking at this alllll day for the past few days and to be honest I can’t think straight anymore and am tired and panicking and don’t know what to do apart from cross my fingers and pray (yet again!) that someone can help.

I have put the database onto this message as an attachment, if anyone could download it and help with these problems, I would be eternally grateful. Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

In the control source, click on the two dots, and then select, forms - Loaded forms, then the field with the money in click on [Value] then type *0.175 this gives the total vat being charged!!

Hope it works, if you get more problems, I could build it for you but better off you learning also on the table select more look up files and I believe that a subform is required to show the card description etc.

Dave,

Thanks for your help - if you could look at the attached database I would be soooooooo grateful as I have to get this done within the next 2 days and I really can't see myself getting it finished!

The biggest problem is getting the charging scheme to work when you click the drop-down menu to select the car. I've programmed it so that it automatically selects the category, but when this has been done, a new drop-down menu should appear that has the 6 different price options for category A - an option from this should then be selected to determine the price.

Please help I am panicking BIG TIME!

Send me all the info of all the cars and relevent charges required, how payment will be taken and what is the objective of the system and I will see what I can do, I can't promise in two days but will give it a go!!!

e-mail: davidmking123@aol.com

Dave,

Thanks so much - I have e-mailed you, could you check your e-mail and mail me back as soon as you have read it just to let me know you have received it!

Thanks!