Unanswered: Criteria in Query Problem

I am writing a large criteria for a query that I am running on a customer database, I wrote part of it in the top line critria using between statements, then when it got too big i moved the second half of it into the second line of the criteria in design view, it ran fine, I closed it and saved it, pulled it back up into design view and the code has been shortened and placed in the first line criteria??

If anyone can understand my problem could they answer me, do you think I need to run a query on a query??

please help people??

Without any detail on your query, I know I can't provide exact detail, but what I can tell you is the Access QBE will allow you to enter expressions, columns, etc, but when you save it, the query optimizer will re-write it to simplify it. In general, the optimizer doesn't store something that you didn't ask for.
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Criteria in Query Problem

Originally posted by Davekingwcp
    I am writing a large criteria for a query that I am running on a customer database, I wrote part of it in the top line critria using between statements, then when it got too big i moved the second half of it into the second line of the criteria in design view, it ran fine, I closed it and saved it, pulled it back up into design view and the code has been shortened and placed in the first line criteria??

If anyone can understand my problem could they answer me, do you think I need to run a query on a query??

please help people??
    The code would not be shorted, the secound part of the criteria is for Or , so Access writes it in the first Criteria box adding the logical [OR] and then the secound part