Unanswered: Report Problem: Not printing certain fields...

I have a report on which I am printing the criteria for the report. The criteria is two dates; an early date and a later date. The idea is that the report finds all records between the specified dates.

When viewed on the screen, my dates are showing. When printed (on a Xerox Document Centre 432) the fields show up as "#Name?".

What am I doing wrong? I have tried expanding the fields on the report, but that didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Gernerally, you will get the "#Name?" within your fields on the report if there is a problem with the ControlSource for the field(s) diplaying it.. Make sure the ControlSource for your report contain the proper table name. Check the code in all section events to make sure nothing is changing the ControlSource. Remove any On Error Resume statements within your Report formating code to see if the problem will be pointed out to you.

These dates are coming straight from my form. That is, I have a form that the users enters criteria into. (I am using a form so I can control the input with an Input Mask.)

Here is the sequence of events that occurs:

- User clicks button on main form.
    - Button triggers a form to open, sending the form the name of the report to open in OpenArgs
    - User enters two dates, to be used in Between ... And statement in SQL
    - Report is generated and displayed
    - Criteria form is closed
    - Main Form is hidden

As I stated before the dates display correctly when viewed on screen, but when printed they appear as "#Name?".

I tried your suggestions, but there is nothing in my code that is changing the Control Source of the field... I am confused.

Viewed in what on the screen? Print preview?

That is correct.

OH! And this is happening on any printer I test it with, not just the Xerox. I have now tested it on a Xerox Document Centre 432 and a HP Color LaserJet 2500.

Try NOT closing the criteria form. When the preview is loaded the data is formated for display. When print is selected from the preview...it's formated again. Just out of curiosity, give it a try.

That's it!

I set the visibility of the criteria form to false so the report would display in Print Preview mode. Then when the report is closed, I threw a line of code in there to close the criteria form also!

Thank you so much! That was the problem. I was unaware that the report was actually generated twice, once when previewed and once when printed. This now makes perfect sense.

Thanks again!