Thread: Fuzzy picture

Exclamation Unanswered: Fuzzy picture

Hello all,

I am inserting a picture into an access form (Officexp) which will not print clearly. The image is small about 1.5x.5inches 8bit grayscale. I have tried PNG, JPEG, BMP and TIFF to no avail. Does anyone have any idea how or what I need to get the image to print clear instead of fuzzy?

Thank you in advance,

C

If everything else prints clearly and the picture is displaying on the screen clear I would look toward the problem being the print driver for the printer especially if you are using a laser printer try using a post script printer driver

Brent

Thank you for your reply. Interesting, I will check that out. Yes, everthing else (Text) prints clear and it is clear when viewing on the PC.
    I am not using a laser jet, but an ink jet. I can send it to a laser jet.

Again thank you for your reply,

C

What is the Make and model of printer?

make/model

An hp deskjet 882C. A wee bit old.

I think that perhaps bhummel had hit it on the nail (so to speak). Unless of course you have your printer quality settings to Low or Draft. Try playing with the printer settings to accomplish what you seek. Instead of printing in color, tell it to print in Grey Scale or Black. Set the printer to print with the Best quality print it has (highest resolution).

You can access these settings by selecting the Preferences (or Advanced) button within the print dialog box.

PS: Your printer is a lot newer than one of mine (500C)

Better

It's better but still fuzzy. Not a clear crisp object that it should be. I also printed it on a Brother Laser Printer and it was much worse.

Thank you,

Got me...most likely the driver then...heck for all I know..maybe it's simply because you don't have a Enhanced printer cable (EGC or something like that) attached to your printer (newer printer cables).

Try just printing the image from an image program like paint. See if the image quality is any better. I think you'll find that the quality isnt any better than that comming out of your database therefore the only real solution I can see that would work is a better higher resolution printer. My likes for printers is always HP.

Brent

To all who replied,

Gentleman, I thank you for taking the time to share your expertise. I greatly appreciate every reply. I went back to an original graphic and printed in out of photoshop on the same printer. It was clear. In the process of reducing it to fit in the defined space in Access it is killing the resolution. Maybe resizing the image in Photoshop is the culprit, although I have never had any issues before.

Thanks again,

C

Hey carsenau

I noticed that you got a .tiff file to display on your Access form as an images. I am having the problem of displaying .tiff on my form. When I use .jpg or .gif the images displays but I can't get .tif to siplay like a image. All I get in the box where the image is suppose to display is the file name of the image. I am using access 97.

Hello Shakim,

Your problem may be Access 97. I am using Access out of the Office XP suite. I have also used the Office 2003 suite. If you could upgrade, it would rectify your .tif issue. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    C

I tried the same thing with office 2000. Smae problem. i thing the problem might be installing some sort of filters? Any thoughts