When I run a query connected to a linked server I started facing the following error:
Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' reported an error. The provider did not give any information about the error.
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' IUnknown::QueryInterface returned 0x80004005: The provider did not give any information about the error.].
I found MS Base Article - 814398, which tells me to change TMP and TEMP enviroment variable to a new folder, and give all permission to the SQLServer account. After that restarted the server.
I did it all, but unfortunately the error remains the same.