Unanswered: couple of queries regarding stored procs

1) We are creating 2 separate stored procedures - one for inserting data into multiple tables (parent-child) and the other for update of record in multiple tables. For this reason we need to pass a large amount of data to this SP We were planning to send this data in an XML file and use the dxxshredXML function. However, we found that the DAD cannot properly handle multiple tables with identity columns. We are now planning to send the data as a single string with delimiters. Can someone suggest an alternate method ?

2) Can someone tell me if there is a string parsing function provided by DB2 based on delimiters ? I took a look at the SUBSTR function - however it works on the position of the character rather than a specified delimiter

Re: couple of queries regarding stored procs

For #2, POSSTR or LOCATE but you will have to build a function in combination with SUBSTR to do the parsing.

Originally posted by Dipanjan
    1) We are creating 2 separate stored procedures - one for inserting data into multiple tables (parent-child) and the other for update of record in multiple tables. For this reason we need to pass a large amount of data to this SP We were planning to send this data in an XML file and use the dxxshredXML function. However, we found that the DAD cannot properly handle multiple tables with identity columns. We are now planning to send the data as a single string with delimiters. Can someone suggest an alternate method ?

2) Can someone tell me if there is a string parsing function provided by DB2 based on delimiters ? I took a look at the SUBSTR function - however it works on the position of the character rather than a specified delimiter