Unanswered: Strange TNS error

Hello there.
    I have ORACLE 8.1.7.4 server on AIX 5.1.
    I have another server (BIZTALK) with Oracle client 8.1.7. (windows)
    The system is running ok. I can connect from the client on my database server just fine.
    However at certain stages we get the error below when it tries to open a connection.Please note that we are loading 150,000 records currently and we open / close a connection for every call.

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
    - at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleException.Check(Oci Handle errorHandle, Int32 rc)
    at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleInternalConnection. OpenOnLocalTransaction(String userName, String password, String serverName, Boolean integratedSecurity, Boolean unicode)
    at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleInternalConnection. Open(Object transact)
    at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.OpenInte rnal(OracleConnectionString parsedConnectionString, Object transact)
    at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.Open()
    at BiztalkAIC.BiztalkAIC.LaikiToBYNXRequest_AIC(XmlDo cument doc)
    at BiztalkAIC.BiztalkAIC.ProcessMessage(String strDocument)
    [0x0159] The server encountered a transport error while processing the messaging port "Mainframe To Bynx", which uses a transport component with a ProgID of "BiztalkAIC.BiztalkAIC".

[0x012b] A transmission attempt failed.

Do you have any idea how to troubleshoot this?

Thank you

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left

Re: Strange TNS error

Originally posted by demisco
    Hello there.
    I have ORACLE 8.1.7.4 server on AIX 5.1.
    I have another server (BIZTALK) with Oracle client 8.1.7. (windows)
    The system is running ok. I can connect from the client on my database server just fine.
    However at certain stages we get the error below when it tries to open a connection.Please note that we are loading 150,000 records currently and we open / close a connection for every call.

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
    - at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleException.Check(Oci Handle errorHandle, Int32 rc)
    at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleInternalConnection. OpenOnLocalTransaction(String userName, String password, String serverName, Boolean integratedSecurity, Boolean unicode)
    at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleInternalConnection. Open(Object transact)
    at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.OpenInte rnal(OracleConnectionString parsedConnectionString, Object transact)
    at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.Open()
    at BiztalkAIC.BiztalkAIC.LaikiToBYNXRequest_AIC(XmlDo cument doc)
    at BiztalkAIC.BiztalkAIC.ProcessMessage(String strDocument)
    [0x0159] The server encountered a transport error while processing the messaging port "Mainframe To Bynx", which uses a transport component with a ProgID of "BiztalkAIC.BiztalkAIC".

[0x012b] A transmission attempt failed.

Do you have any idea how to troubleshoot this?

Thank you
    I do not have specific help, but here are some generals. Is it possible that the app that has the problem is instansiated with a different environment? One that does not look at the correct tnsname file? (You do not say if it is the same process but my assumption is that it is). Is it possible that the environment is changed if indeed it is all the same process. Sorry that it is not an answer, but maybe just enough to get you looking at the things "that could never be happening".