Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Unbounded Form and #Name?

I have a Form whose RecordSource is not set yet, on that Form there are some textFields, how can I prevent #Name? when starting the Form?

P.S
    The RecordSource of the form will be later during the process set to a table.
    Thanks

Hammy,

When you say that the RecordSource will be set later ... HOW much later? After the form is displayed?

What's the current control source for the textbox? If it's nothing, you shouldn't get #Name(?).
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

Originally posted by M Owen
    Hammy,

When you say that the RecordSource will be set later ... HOW much later? After the form is displayed?
    Thanks for your reply, in the fact I have the fields on the Form then when the user search for data, then at that point the fields should show its selected datat.

Originally posted by M Owen
    Hammy,

Yes after the form is displayed.
    I have the form, its TextBoxes are bounded, and its RecordSource is not set, then I display it waiting for the user to search for Data, If found, then the RecordSet will be set and the TextBoxes will be filled

Hammy,

I don't do it that way ... Just my thing. I wait until I have data before displaying the form ...